Day trip to a Gaucho Ranch from Buenos Aires
Per group pricing
Fixed amount according to group size
|1 - 2||$1000 USD||Sedan Car|
Type of tour
- Private tour
- Every day
- Starting hour: 9:00 AM
- 9 hours
- Note: it takes 1.45 hours drive to get to San Antonio de Areco village
- Pick up and drop off at your hotel, apartment or cruise ship terminal
- Transportation throughout the tour in a modern and comfortable vehicle
- Professional driver
- Licensed tour guide
- Guided visit to Dragui Silversmith’s workshop (Gaucho museum)
- Day at El Ombú de Areco ranch
- Lunch: barbecue, Argentine wine, soft drinks, dessert and coffee
- Guided horse ride or outing in a horse drawn carriage
- Depending on the day, El Ombú sometimes offers Gaucho folk music groups and creole horse-back skill events
- 9:00 AM - Pick up
- 10:45 AM - Visit to San Antonio de Areco village and Gaucho museum
- 12:00 PM - Welcoming at El Ombú ranch with empanadas and soft drinks
- 12:30 PM - Horse riding
- 1:30 PM - Lunch
- 3:00 PM - Gaucho skill performance
- 4:15 PM - Departure to BA
- 6:00 PM - Drop off
Some of the tour’s highlights
San Antonio de Areco village - Dragui´s silversmith workshop (Gaucho museum) - Estancia El Ombú
We will travel 120 kilometers away from Buenos Aires to enter the land of the Gauchos. We will first stop at San Antonio de Areco, a colonial village that preserves the Gaucho traditions to their full. There we will visit the main square and the old beautiful church, which dates from 1753, and then Dragui´s workshop, the most famous silversmith in Argentina.
We will spend the rest of the day at El Ombú. There we will have a tasty asado (barbecue) with Argentine wines for lunch, and enjoy the countryside activities: guided horse ride or outing in a horse drawn carriage. You will be able to use the swimming pool if you wish.
Depending on the amount of people in the ranch, El Ombú sometimes offers Gaucho Folk music groups, and creole horse-back skill events, such as sortija races, horseback sprints, bullock lassoing and hog-tying.
- Our customer service team will contact you through e-mail providing the booking details and a link for payment.
- We require full payment in advance in order to confirm your booking.
- We use PayPal to process payments (accepts any credit/debit cards).
- Payment is not refundable in case of cancellation.
- Any changes requested after making payment will not be accepted.