Colonia del Sacramento Day Trip from Buenos Aires
Type of tour
- Private tour
- Every day
- Pick up time: 7:00 AM approx (it will be confirmed upon receiving the booking and having purchased the ferry tickets)
- Full day
- Round trip private transfer to/from BA Ferry Terminal
- Round trip tickets Buenos Aires/Colonia on a fast ferry (1-hour trip)
- 1.30 hours private Walking Tour in Colonia with local licensed tour guide
- 7:00 AM - Pick up from your hotel and transfer to ferry terminal
- 7:30 AM - Check in
- 8:15 AM - Departure to Colonia
- 9:15 AM - Welcoming at Colonia ferry terminal - Walking Tour in private (1.30 hours)
- 11:00 PM - Free time (you will get advice on restaurants, museums, shopping, etc.)
- 4:00 PM - Check in at Colonia ferry terminal
- 5:00 PM - Departure to Buenos Aires
- 6:00 PM - Pick up at BA ferry terminal and transfer to your hotel
Some of the tour’s highlights
Old City Gate - Street of Sighs - Main Square - Ruins of Saint Francis Convent - Lighthouse - Viceroy´s House - Archeological Rescue of the Governor´s House - Basilica of the Holy Sacrament
The walking tour starts at the Portón de Campo (city gate), were we will admire the old wall and wooden bridge . Next, we will go to the Calle de los Suspiros (Street of Sighs), a narrow cobbled street surrounded by 18th century colonial houses. The street’s main attractive is the combination of the old houses, the colours and the river view at the end of it. We will arrive on 25 de Mayo Square (Main Square), created during the foundation of the city, from where we will be able to see some beautiful and well preserved Portuguese-style houses: the Portuguese Museum, with remarkable stone walls of 90 cm. width, Nacarello´s House, which exhibits original furniture of the XVIII century, and the Viceroy’s House, whose name surprises because there were never any viceroys in Colonia. Later, we will visit an archaeological site, which was formerly the original Portuguese construction destined for Residence of the Governor, destroyed by the Spanish in 1777. The tour ends up at the Basilica of the Holy Sacrament, which maintains the original design of stone walls and tiled domes.
- Our customer service team will contact you through e-mail providing the booking details and a link for payment.
- We require full payment in advance in order to confirm your booking.
- We use PayPal to process payments (accepts any credit/debit cards).
- Payment is not refundable in case of cancellation.
- Any changes requested after making payment will not be accepted.