Type of tour: private tour. Duration: 4 hours.
• Every day.
• Starting hours: 9:00 or 10:00 AM.
• Pick up and drop off at your hotel, apartment or cruise ship terminal.
• Transportation throughout the tour in a modern and comfortable vehicle.
• Professional driver.
• English-speaking tour guide.
• 1-hour sailing in the Delta (boat is shared with other groups).
• 1 or 2 people: US$ 350 total for the group - Type of vehicle: CAR
• 3 to 13 people: US$ 650 total for the group - Type of vehicle: VAN
• 14 to 18 people: US$ 700 total for the group - Type of vehicle: MINI-BUS
• 19 to 23 people: US$ 900 total for the group - Type of vehicle: MINI-BUS
• 24 to 44 people: US$ 1600 total for the group - Type of vehicle: BUS
San Isidro’s historical neighbourhood (1st stop), Tigre (2nd stop), motor boat ride through the Delta of the Parana river.
Some of the tour’s highlights
San Isidro´s Cathedral - Paseo de los 3 Ombúes viewpoint - Mariquita´s house – Tigre Club - Delta islands.
We will travel 20 kilometers away from Buenos Aires to enter the outskirts, where people live quietly and surrounded by nature. We head towards the north, travelling near the coast of the River Plate until we arrive at San Isidro, an elegant residential neighborhood, one of the most beautiful outside the capital city.
Once in San Isidro we will visit the old quarter, very well preserved. There, we can see the Cathedral, of Neogothic style. Surrounding the Cathedral we will admire the mansions that used to belong to the wealthy families of the area. We will then visit the Paseo de los 3 Ombúes viewpoint, and the Mariquita Sánchez de Thompson house-museum, a construction that dates from the colonial times.
After visiting San Isidro, we head towards Tigre city, where we will sail along the Delta of the Paraná river, made of thousands of islands and small rivers, surrounded by thick vegetation and a varied local fauna. We will see rowing clubs, restaurants and cafés, and the Tigre Club, an amazing French palace converted into the Museum of Fine Arts of Tigre.