Buenos Aires City Tour - Full Day
Type of tour: private tour. Duration: 8 hours.
Availability: every day. Passengers choose starting hour.
• Pick up and drop off at your hotel, apartment or cruise ship terminal.
• Transportation throughout the tour in a modern and comfortable vehicle.
• Professional driver.
• English-speaking tour guide.
• 1 or 2 people: US$ 700 total for the group - Type of vehicle: CAR
• 3 to 13 people: US$ 1000 total for the group - Type of vehicle: VAN
• 14 to 18 people: US$ 1300 total for the group - Type of vehicle: MINI-BUS
• 19 to 23 people: US$ 1600 total for the group - Type of vehicle: MINI-BUS
• 24 to 44 people: US$ 3000 total for the group - Type of vehicle: BUS
• Morning: San Nicolás, Montserrat (Plaza de Mayo – 1st Stop), San Telmo (Plaza Dorrego - 2nd stop), La Boca (Caminito – 3rd Stop), Puerto Madero.
• Lunch: passengers choose the restaurant (lunch is not included on price).
• Afternoon: Retiro, Palermo, Palermo Soho, Recoleta (Cemetery – 4th Stop).
Some of the tour’s highlights
Obelisk – Colon Theater (Opera House) – Pink House (Government House) – Metropolitan Cathedral – Cabildo (Colonial City Hall) – National Congress – Café Tortoni - Caminito street – Bridge of the Woman – English Tower – Palermo forests - Recoleta cemetery.
We start our journey heading towards the political center of the city. We arrive to the historical May Square (Plaza de Mayo), the place where Buenos Aires was founded. There, we will admire the Pink House (Government House), which houses the mythical balcony from where Evita used to address the people. We will also see the Cabildo, the colonial city-hall, and the Metropolitan Cathedral. There we will visit the spectacular mausoleum of General San Martín, Argentina´s independence hero.
We continue our way through May Avenue, that joins the Pink House with the Congress, with its Art Nouveau buildings, old hotels, theaters and cafes. We will visit the traditional Café Tortoni, inaugurated in 1858, much frequented by intellectuals and artists.
We continue our journey towards San Telmo, a neighborhood of bohemians, artists, antiques shops and cobbled streets. We will pass around Dorrego Square, where each Sunday thousands of tourists and porteños visit the antique fair that is held there.
Our tour goes on in the neighborhood of La Boca, with its colourful tenements, where a lot of artists open their studios and workshops. We will walk along the mythical street of Caminito to breathe the characteristic atmosphere of the area, with its love for tango and soccer.
We continue our visit in Puerto Madero. This neighborhood was totally redesigned in the nineties. Its new residential area, very close to the river, houses three design hotels, chic restaurants and exclusive apartment buildings.
We leave Puerto Madero and we head towards the north, where we find Retiro. We will visit San Martín Square, surrounded by elegant buildings with French architecture, where we begin our journey along the most aristocratic areas of Buenos Aires.
We continue our tour in the traditional neighborhood of Palermo, strolling along its large parks, rose gardens and lakes, the porteños favorite place to practice sports or give long walks.
We will visit Palermo Soho, where we find lots of fashion boutiques, deco shops, art studios and cool restaurants.
We end our tour in Recoleta, where we find the colonial style church of Our Lady of Pilar, the second oldest in the city, and we enter the legendary cemetery to visit Evita´s tomb.